Thursday, 6 June 2013
Bilderberg 2013 - Report from the Mail
Who are the billionaires and politicians arriving for secretive conference at Watford hotel and what do they do there?
From the Mail:
• Attendees thought to include politicians, top business executives and royalty
• Delegates were heckled by protesters as they arrived for four-day meeting
• MP Michael Meacher describes delegates as the ‘real top brass of Western finance capitalism’
• Massive police operation could cost British taxpayer around £2million
• Conspiracy theorists claim leaders use event to plot world domination
• Bilderberg researcher: ‘There are villains there who are basically trying to organise government’
• Jeff Bezos of Amazon and Eric Schmidt of Google will both be attending
• List of 140 politicians, academics and businessmen only includes 14 women
Delegates for a private conference of top politicians and businesspeople from around the world have started to arrive at a luxury country hotel.
Several cars with blacked-out windows entered the gates of the Grove Hotel, near Watford, in Hertfordshire, this morning for the secretive meeting of the Bilderberg Group.
It is thought billionaire executives from multinational companies such as Amazon and Google, high-ranking political figures including Chancellor George Osborne, and even members of royal families are among the 130 or so attendees.
Famous for being shrouded in secrecy, the Bilderberg conference is taking place in Britain for the first time since 1998 and conspiracy theorists believe this is where leaders plot world domination.